E&B Studio looking for a skilled Lighting Artist to create the project-defining lighting scenarios that will help us forge the look and feel of our world. You will be responsible for lighting our in-game environments and characters. You will work closely with our Technical Artists and help them define shaders and materials that will work best with our way of lighting. With the power of UE5 and an amazing team behind the project, we will push the boundaries of what is thought possible within a game engine. Since UE5 is bringing some new tools to the table it is important that you are up to date and have a great understanding of lighting within Unreal Engine.
At E&B Studio, we value talent and drive more than titles and rank. If you think that your skills and ambitions match up to the requirements of the role in all ways but seniority, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Examples of what you will do
- Light our game environments, characters, and cinematics
- Work closely with our Level Designers to balance beautiful scenery with the desired gameplay
- Contribute to making the light coherent throughout the whole game
- Work with Programmers and Technical Artists in developing new features and techniques to use in production
- Keep an eye on performance and optimize lights to work well on all platforms we are shipping on
- Collaborate with the Art Director, Concept Artists and Environment Artists to deliver the visual mood from concept art and references
What you will bring
- Considerable experience of working in AAA digital game development as a Lighting Artist
- A game lighting specialty, with extensive experience working in real-time game engines
- Great understanding of lighting fundamentals
- Understanding of the technical limitations and requirements for in-game art making
- Great understanding of common game lighting as well as rendering techniques and methods (PBR)
- Experienced in one or more game engines
- The ability to tackle difficult tasks with a “nothing is impossible” mindset
- Unreal Engine experience
- Cinematography background/hobby/interest
- Art background/hobby/interest
- Photography background
- Matte painting skills
- A passion for story-driven RPG games and science fiction
How to Apply
Please submit your application here: email@example.com
We will only consider applicants who send us a CV & a Portfolio!
About the Company
E&B Studio is a mid-sized game development studio in Malmö, Sweden with a team built on experience from top game development studios such as Massive Entertainment, Dice, Sharkmob, Avalanche, and more. We combine our skills in game development with our experience working with real-life architecture. The result is niche expertise in creating AAA environments that are believable, authentic, atmospheric, and engaging.
Our goal is to create the most (un)believable game worlds ever!
We are currently working with Archetype Entertainment to build a multi-platform roleplaying game set in a new science fiction universe. Founded in 2019, Archetype is an autonomous division of Wizards of the Coast led by veterans from many of the top AAA game studios in the industry, including BioWare, Naughty Dog, 343 Industries, id Software, Santa Monica Studio, and more.