E&B Studio is looking for a skilled Environment Artist with a passion for world-building. In this project, you are a part of a small team with full control over the creation and direction of the map. Being part of a small team, you will together take ownership in creating and pushing the art and gameplay of the map. This role requires attention to detail, an eye for beautiful lighting and composition as well as extensive skills in creating real-time assets. You are collaborative and creative in your efforts to push tools, design, and the execution of immersive, well-crafted environments.
This position is based in Malmö, Sweden and will require you to work onsite.
What You'll Do
- Create maps - Working with a map through its entire cycle, from blockout to finish.
- Artistic vision - Take responsibility and contribute to the different elements that are needed to complete a functional map that holds the artistic vision. Level-dressing, lights, gameplay etc.
- Creating props - Together with the small team, create hero props that are needed to communicate the aesthetics of the map.
- Sanity check - Produce content that is needed while following a budget and keeping the game optimized and playable.
You as a person
You have the drive to evolve as an artist while pushing the limits of what is possible in 3D, no task is impossible. You have the ability to communicate and present your idea in a professional manner. Curiosity and drive is something we at E&B Studio highly values.
What You'll Bring
- 2+ years experience in digital game development as an Environment Artist
- Unreal Engine experience
- A problem-solving mindset
- Flexibility in work approaches, being able to bring concepts to life as well as creating and testing design based on a small amount of input
- An ability to prototype your ideas and being able to iterate your and others design as a communicative way of pushing maps
- Passion for multiplayer games
- A great eye for composing lighting and materials
The above is intended to describe the general traits of what is needed to fulfill the role. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
How to Apply
Please submit your application here: job(at)ernstborg(dot)studio
E&B Studio is a new game development studio in Malmö, Sweden with a team built on experience from Sweden's top game development studios such as Massive Entertainment, Dice, Sharkmob, Avalanche, and more. We combine our skills in game development with our experience working with real-life architecture. The result is niche expertise in creating environments that are believable, authentic, atmospheric, and engaging.
About the project
Lying in wait across a series of cursed locations, relentless spirits stalk the halls. Assigned to eliminate them are the Ghost Hunters, armed to the teeth with the ghoul-busting tech to banish them to another realm! Play both Ghost and Hunter in a chaotic 4v4 struggle between the living and the dead.
Midnight Ghosthunt is a game in development by Vaulted Sky Games and to be published by Coffee Stain Publishing. E&B Studio takes part as a co-dev studio, responsible for creating the maps, building the environment and props.