E&B Studio is looking for a driven Senior Environment Artist to join a team of talented artists in making awe-inspiring visuals for the new worlds we are creating. This is a great opportunity to work with world-class art talent and to be part of a new IP from the ground up. We are looking for an individual with strong technical skills and the ability to inspire others to take their craft to new heights.
We are prepared to accept applications from the very best talent around the world. For the right candidate, help with relocation will be provided.
Examples of what you will do
- Create high-quality environments and assets that match the art styles defined by the Art Director and Concept Artists
- Provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced artists on the team
- Be a trusted point of contact for technical questions regarding modeling, texturing, implementation and optimization
- Proactively find solutions to complex issues and communicate these to the rest of the team in a pedagogical manner
- Assess, critique, and help to improve our capabilities in environmental lighting, textures, and asset creation
- Work closely with other artists and tech artists to ensure that environments maintain high fidelity while being optimized for performance and memory usage
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends, tools and techniques
What you will bring
- 6+ years of experience working in AAA digital game development as an Environment Artist
- Self-motivation, strong communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Solid experience of working in Unreal Engine
- Strong knowledge of Blender, ZBrush and Substance Designer
- Solid understanding of procedural texturing techniques
- An excellent eye for lighting, materials, color theory, detail, and visual hierarchy
- Great decision-making capabilities
- An affinity for problem-solving and prototyping
- Experience with Photogrammetry
- Traditional drawing/painting skills
- A passion for story-driven RPG games and science fiction
How to Apply
Please submit your application here: email@example.com
We will only consider applicants who send us a CV & a Portfolio!
About the Company
E&B Studio is a mid-sized game development studio in Malmö, Sweden with a team built on experience from top game development studios such as Massive Entertainment, Dice, Sharkmob, Avalanche, and more. We combine our skills in game development with our experience working with real-life architecture. The result is niche expertise in creating AAA environments that are believable, authentic, atmospheric, and engaging.
Our goal is to create the most (un)believable game worlds ever!
We are currently working with Archetype Entertainment to build a multi-platform roleplaying game set in a new science fiction universe. Founded in 2019, Archetype is an autonomous division of Wizards of the Coast led by industry veterans from many of the top AAA game studios in the industry, including BioWare, Naughty Dog, 343 Industries, id Software, Santa Monica Studio, and more.