E&B Studio is looking for a skilled Prop Artist to join us in creating a broad range of props for the awe-inspiring new worlds we are creating. This is an amazing opportunity to work with world-class art talent and to be part of a new IP from the ground up. We are looking for people who are eager to find new ways to improve as artists and who excel in an environment where we motivate and encourage each other to reach new creative heights. Together, we are pushing past the limit of what is possible in game development.
At E&B Studio, we value talent and drive more than titles and rank. If you think that your skills and ambitions match up to the requirements of the role in all ways but seniority, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Examples of what you will do
- Create high-quality 3D props from concepts and ideas, with a range from rocks to spaceships
- Assess, critique, and help to improve our capabilities in prop shapes, textures, and pipelines
- Work with engineering to evolve new and better ways of creating props
- Work closely with the Art Director, Environment Artists and Level Designers to make sure that all assets follow the artistic vision of the game
- Contribute to an open and constructive dialogue within the Prop Artist team as well as with other teams across production
- Communicate your ideas for props in a professional manner with renders, concepts and models
What you will bring
- Self-motivation, strong communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Considerable experience of working in AAA digital game development as a Prop Artist
- Solid experience with your modelling tool and Substance Painter texturing tools and pipelines
- A basic understanding of the PBR pipeline within the Substance Suite
- Thorough understanding of video game development & the different pipelines in the art process
- The creative initiative and vision necessary to bring a prop to completion from either a detailed or simple concept image
- An eye for shapes, materials, color theory, detail, and visual hierarchy
- Good decision-making capabilities
- An affinity for problem-solving and prototyping
- Unreal Experience
- Blender skills
- Experience with Photogrammetry
- Experience with procedural workflows in Houdini
- Traditional drawing/painting skills
- A passion for story-driven RPG games and science fiction
How to Apply
Please submit your application here: email@example.com
We will only consider applicants who send us a CV & a Portfolio!
About the Company
E&B Studio is a mid-sized game development studio in Malmö, Sweden with a team built on experience from top game development studios such as Massive Entertainment, Dice, Sharkmob, Avalanche, and more. We combine our skills in game development with our experience working with real-life architecture. The result is niche expertise in creating AAA environments that are believable, authentic, atmospheric, and engaging.
Our goal is to create the most (un)believable game worlds ever!
We are currently working with Archetype Entertainment to build a multi-platform roleplaying game set in a new science fiction universe. Founded in 2019, Archetype is an autonomous division of Wizards of the Coast led by veterans from many of the top AAA game studios in the industry, including BioWare, Naughty Dog, 343 Industries, id Software, Santa Monica Studio, and more.