E&B Studio is looking for an ambitious Material Artist to be a part of our team. We need someone who is creative and have a burning passion for their craft. You will develop industry-defining textures and materials that push the realism within our game, help us tell a story within the game environment, and elevate it to new heights.
At E&B Studio, we value talent and drive more than titles and rank. If you think that your skills and ambitions match up to the requirements of the role in all ways but seniority, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Examples of what you will do
- Create highly detailed materials, masks, and textures for characters, game environments, and world assets using tools like Substance Designer and Painter
- Collaborate with Technical Artists to develop advanced shaders, optimize assets, create efficient tile-able textures, smart materials in Substance, as well as communicate any challenges as you go
- Document production workflows and communicate them to fellow colleagues
- Assist in material library creation
- Assist in the design, implementation, and maintenance of material art pipelines
- Collaborate with other departments to maintain the visual quality and processes across development
- Research new texture tools and techniques to create environments that push the realism of our game
What you will bring
- Significant experience in art tools, shaders and pipeline creation for interactive entertainment
- An extensive portfolio of materials at AAA/realism quality
- Considerable experience of working in AAA game development
- Excellent Substance skills
- Strong modelling skills in 3DS Max, Blender, Maya, and/or equivalent tools
- Familiarity with node-based game engines like Unity or Unreal Engine
- Solid understanding of PBR rendering and material/light interactions
- A passion for story-driven RPG games and science fiction
How to Apply
Please submit your application here: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will only consider applicants who send us a CV & a Portfolio!
About the Company
E&B Studio is a mid-sized game development studio in Malmö, Sweden with a team built on experience from top game development studios such as Massive Entertainment, Dice, Sharkmob, Avalanche, and more. We combine our skills in game development with our experience working with real-life architecture. The result is niche expertise in creating AAA environments that are believable, authentic, atmospheric, and engaging.
Our goal is to create the most (un)believable game worlds ever!
We are currently working with Archetype Entertainment to build a multi-platform roleplaying game set in a new science fiction universe. Founded in 2019, Archetype is an autonomous division of Wizards of the Coast led by veterans from many of the top AAA game studios in the industry, including BioWare, Naughty Dog, 343 Industries, id Software, Santa Monica Studio, and more.