E&B Studio is looking for a Lead Environment Artist to inspire, mentor and guide our talented team of Environment Artists into the next generation of art creation. You will lead by heart and be a role model for the other artists, so your drive cannot be motivated by personal success, but rather by the success of the team. We want to define what next-gen worlds can be, and to pull that off we will need to have a strong and focused team. We also need to develop new ways of working so that we can create what is still thought impossible for the game industry. Our Lead Environment Artist will therefore need to have a creative mindset and a drive to push existing limits.
We are prepared to accept applications from the very best talent around the world. For the right candidate, help with relocation will be provided.
Examples of what you will do
- Inspire your team while leading by example
- Help strategize and plan all environment art in collaboration with the concept and design teams
- Assess, critique, and help to improve our capabilities in environmental lighting, textures, and asset creation
- Work with engineering to evolve new and better ways of building worlds
- Work closely with the Art Director and creative leads to drive and evangelize our artistic vision to team members
- Proactively find solutions to complex issues and be able to communicate these to your team in a pedagogical manner
- Collaborate with and mentor fellow team members from both in-house and off-site environment artists
- Help your team grow into industry-leading artists by setting motivating goals and regularly follow up with constructive feedback on their performance
- Be a champion of best practices and make sure that the team follows an effective workflow while delivering high quality environment art
What you will bring
- Self-motivation, strong communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- 5+ years experience in AAA digital game development as an Environment Artist
- Ability to foster a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Thorough understanding of video game development & the different pipelines in the art process
- The creative initiative and vision needed to bring an environment to completion from either a detailed or simple concept image
- Outstanding eye for lighting, materials, color theory, detail, and visual hierarchy
- Excellent decision-making capabilities
- Great problem-solving and prototyping ability
- Experience leading a team
- Unreal experience
- Blender skills
- Zbrush skills
- Experience with Photogrammetry
- Experience with procedural workflows in Houdini
- Traditional drawing/painting skills
- A passion for story-driven RPG games and science fiction
How to Apply
Please submit your application here: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will only consider applicants who send us a CV & a Portfolio!
About the Company
E&B Studio is a mid-sized game development studio in Malmö, Sweden with a team built on experience from top game development studios such as Massive Entertainment, Ubisoft, Sharkmob, Avalanche, and more. We combine our skills in game development with our experience working with real-life architecture. The result is niche expertise in creating AAA environments that are believable, authentic, atmospheric, and engaging.
Our goal is to create the most (un)believable game worlds ever!
We are currently working with Archetype Entertainment to build a multi-platform roleplaying game set in a new science fiction universe. Founded in 2019, Archetype is an autonomous division of Wizards of the Coast led by industry veterans from many of the top AAA game studios in the industry, including BioWare, Naughty Dog, 343 Industries, id Software, Santa Monica Studio, and more.